Mr. Stolyarov endeavors to refute the common argument that any law, be it a physical law or a law of morality or justice, requires a lawgiver – an intelligent entity that brought the law into being. While some laws (termed manmade or positive laws) do indeed have human lawmakers, a much more fundamental class of laws (termed universal or natural laws) arise not due to promulgation by any intelligent being, but rather due to the basic properties of the entities these laws concern, and the relations of those entities to one another. To the extent that positive laws are enacted by humans, the purpose of such positive laws should be reflect and effectuate the beneficial consequences of objectively valid natural laws.
– “Universal Physical and Moral Laws, With No Lawgiver” – Article by G. Stolyarov II –
– Formula for the Universal Law of Gravitation: F = G*m1*m2/r2, with F being the force between two masses, m1 and m2 being the two masses, r being the distance between the centers of the two masses, and G being the universal gravitational constant.
– “Commonly Misunderstood Concepts: Happiness” – Essay by G. Stolyarov II
– “Commonly Misunderstood Concepts: Happiness” – Video by G. Stolyarov II
– “Indiana Pi Bill” – Wikipedia